READ ME

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page for a Calvin and Hobbes treat!
 
TIP: When Clicking to outside links, simply right click on the link and select "Open in new tab."

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Insect Lab Studio


Wow, this is fascinating...

A multi-disciplinary artist has come up with some very interesting designs using real insects and antique watch parts. 

His twisted designs remind me of steam punk art. Very cool!

It's interesting how he started this project, here is what he writes on his website:

"One day I found a dead intact beetle. I then located an old wristwatch, thinking of how the beetle also operated and looked like a little mechanical device and so decided to combine the two. After some time dissecting the beetle and outfitting it with watch parts and gears, I had a convincing little cybernetic sculpture. I soon made many more with other found insects and have been exploring and developing the theme ever since."

Although this idea is not new, I think this is the first time anyone has actually brought the concept to reality. 

You can purchase his designs, or request custom made designs anywhere from $400 - $1000+ see his website for details and check out his very cool gallery.

Very interesting!

Artist Website:

Cool Photoshop CyberGenics:



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you think that's cool, you should check out the vegetable orchestra: vegetableorchestra.org
it's uber awesome, check it out yourself.

Inginious said...

WOW!

It is awesome!!

Where am I? (Work in Progress)

View Larger Map
Click HERE to add your location marker on my map.
Simply search for your City and State. 
Click on marker then, 
Click on "Save to My Maps." (Must have a Google eMail account).